Medical Education Research Award (MERA) Application
The Research Opportunity
This award funds pre-medical students to participate in clinical skills research at the University of Louisville School of Medicine. The goal of this opportunity is to engage pre-medical undergraduates in educational research to prepare for medical school. Participants will collaborate with medical education researchers on the Health Sciences Center campus to complete a semester-long project reviewing standardized patient encounters, which are typical student assessments in medical school programs. This medical education research experience will give pre-medical students insight into how medical students demonstrate clinical skills, which will provide highly relevant training for future patient interactions as well as perspectives for the medical school application and interview process.
Award: $500.00 to support an undergraduate pre-medical student researcher. The goal is to give three awards this semester.
- Must be an undergraduate student pursuing a major in the College of Arts and Sciences
- Interest in attending medical school or working in a medical profession
- Classification as Junior (60-89 credits) or Senior (90 or more credits) is preferred
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA overall and in your major as per program requirements
* Due Date: January 13, 2020 at 5pm.
Thank you for your interest in this research program. If you have additional questions about clinical skills research, contact: Dr. Laura Weingartner at email@example.com. If you have additional questions about this award opportunity, contact: Dr. Linda Fuselier, firstname.lastname@example.org.