I am a first-time freshman
- Create an application account: You will create a account using your e-mail & a unique activation key will be sent to you.
- After you verify your account, click on the login button.
- Complete your application.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of $25 or submit documentation of a fee waiver.
- Submit test scores: either ACT (American College Test) test scores or SAT (Educational Testing Service) test scores may be submitted. Test results may be submitted from the testing agency or may appear on the official high school transcript. View Admissions Guidelines. *UofL will accept unofficial test scores during this closure due to COVID-19. We will review applications without scores and are able to re-review a previous applicant with additional information, such as a personal statement. Please contact your admissions counselor for additional information or with any questions.
- Submit your official transcript(s). Currently enrolled high school applicants must submit official transcripts reflecting at least six semesters of high school work. GED applicants should submit an official copy of their GED scores.
- After completion, you may always review your application in your New Cards Gateway.
A high school verification form is not required, but it is recommended for students applying to the JB Speed School of Engineering if their transcript does not show their current, in-progress courses. It is also recommended for students on fee waiver. If either of these situations apply to you, please ask your guidance counselor to submit the high school counselor verification form.
*The application for the 2021-2022 academic year will open on August 1.
Note: applicants to the School of Music must also pass an audition. Admission to the School of Nursing is a two-step process with the new freshmen being admitted to the lower-level division and then re-applying to the upper-division as a junior.