We're committed to creating and supporting a culture of writing at UofL. Throughout the year we hold writing groups and events about writing to help support, and have fun, with all aspects of writing. All events are free and take place at the University Writing Center, on the first floor of Ekstrom Library. For more information about an event, click on a link below or contact us at 502-851-2173 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Faculty and Graduate Student Writing Group meets every Monday, 5-7 p.m. starting January 24th, 2022 and ending May 2nd, 2022. These meetings will occur both in-person and via Microsoft Teams. Email us for the meeting link.
The Creative Writing Group meets monthly on the following dates from 5:30-7pm.
- January 19th (online: Email Aubrie Cox email@example.com to join our Microsoft Team or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the meeting link)
- February 16th
- March 9th
- April 6th
The LGBTQ+ Writing Group meets monthly on the following dates from 5:00-6:30pm.
- January 26th
- February 23rd
- March 30th
- April 20th
Fall 2021 Workshops
- September 21st - Writing Cover Letters, 1-2:30pm
- October 11th - Organizing and Writing a Large-Scale Project (such as a Dissertation or Thesis), 12:15-1:45pm
- October 25th - Halloween Open Mic Night with Miracle Monocle, 6:30pm
- November 5th - Strategies for Writing for Publication, 3-4:30pm