We're committed to creating and supporting a culture of writing at UofL. Throughout the year we hold writing groups and events about writing to help support, and have fun, with all aspects of writing. All events are free and take place at the University Writing Center, on the first floor of Ekstrom Library. For more information about an event, click on a link below or contact us at 502-851-2173 or email@example.com.
The Faculty and Graduate Student Writing Group meets every Tuesday, 4:30-6:30 p.m. starting May 18th, 2021 and ending July 27th, 2021. These meetings will occur via Microsoft Teams. Email us for the meeting link.
The Creative Writing Group is on hiatus this summer but will resume Fall 2021.
The LGBTQ+ Writing Group is on hiatus this summer but will resume Fall 2021.
Workshops (Spring 2021)
- January 21st - Learning Commons Mini Workshop, 1-1:30pm
- January 22nd - Personal Statement Workshop, 12-1pm
- January 27th - Learning Commons Mini Workshop, 11-1:30pm
- January 27th - Strategies for Writing for Publishing, 3-4:30pm
- February 2nd - Learning Commons Mini Workshop, 11:30-12pm
- February 10th - From Job Apps to Dating Apps, 4-5pm
- February 10th - Writing a Literature Review, 2-3:30pm
- February 19 - "Keep Your Self Safe" Open Mic Night with Miracle Monocle, 7pm
- February 23rd, Responding Effectively to Graduate Student Writing, 11-12:30pm
- March 15th - Writing for Publication, 2-3:30pm
- March 16th -Approaches to Successful Grant Writing, 2:30-4:00pm