We're committed to creating and supporting a culture of writing at UofL. Throughout the year we hold writing groups and events about writing to help support, and have fun, with all aspects of writing. All events are free and take place at the University Writing Center, on the first floor of Ekstrom Library. For more information about an event, click on a link below or contact us at 502-851-2173 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Faculty and Graduate Student Writing Group meets every Monday, 4-6 p.m. starting August 23rd, 2021 and ending December 13th, 2021. These meetings will occur both in-person and via Microsoft Teams. Email us for the meeting link.
The Creative Writing Group meets monthly on the following dates from 5:30-7pm.
- September 1st (join us for the Creative Writing Group Open House!)
- October 6th
- November 3rd
- December 1st
The LGBTQ+ Writing Group meets monthly on the following dates from 5:30-6:30pm.
- August 25th
- September 29th
- October 27th
- November 17th
Fall 2021 Workshops
- September 21st - Writing Cover Letters, 1-2:30pm
- October 11th - Organizing and Writing a Large-Scale Project (such as a Dissertation or Thesis), 12:15-1:45pm
- October 25th - Halloween Open Mic Night with Miracle Monocle, 6:30pm
- November 5th - Strategies for Writing for Publication, 3-4:30pm
Spring 2022 Workshops
- February 2nd - Writing a Literature Review, 1:15-2:45pm
- March 7th - Approaches to Successful Grant Writing, 1-2:30pm