The University of Louisville Testing Services located in Louisville, Kentucky is a national top 100 CLEP test center. We administer CLEP exams for any school and are convenient for examinees in the Kentucky and Indiana region. College Board’s College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) oﬀers over 33 tests for college credit. Check your school for the CLEP exams accepted before registering.
What is CLEP Testing?
The College Board’s College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) is offered in Louisville, Kentucky at U of L and has been the most widely trusted credit-by-examination program for over 40 years, accepted by 2,900 colleges and universities and administered in more than 1,800 test centers. This rigorous program allows students of a wide range of ages and backgrounds to demonstrate their mastery of college-level material in introductory subjects and earn college credit. Students can earn credit for what they already know by getting qualifying scores on any of the eligible 33 EXAM TOPICS.
At the University of Louisville, in Kentucky, there are two fees for each CLEP exam: A $35 administration fee due to the University of Louisville and $90 payable to The College Board. If you are taking an exam with an optional essay, the essay itself also has a $10 fee. **CLEP administration fees are NON REFUNDABLE, no exceptions. If you must reschedule for any reason, you should register again through our U of L online registration. You must pay the $35 registration fee again.**
If you have received ADA accommodations such as extended time, reduced distraction, a reader or a scribe from U of L's Disabilities Resource Center (502-852-6938), please call our office BEFORE scheduling any exam.
1. CHECK WITH YOUR ADVISOR and/or SCHOOL TO MAKE SURE THEY ACCEPT THE CLEP TEST YOU PLAN TO TAKE. University of Louisville students need to visit the Office of Admissions website for this information. **Medical schools do not accept CLEP credit for their pre-requisite courses. Students seeking admission to other professional schools or institutions should check with those institution’s admission’s requirements.**
2. STUDY....if you don't pass the test, you'll have to wait 3 months before paying and taking it again! There are many ways to prepare for your CLEP test. CLEP provides links to recommended textbooks and study materials for each of their exams. One of their featured links is the non-profit organization, Modern States Education Alliance. Modern States provides FREE online classes to prepare you for the CLEP exam and then a of voucher to take your CLEP test for FREE after you complete their program.
3. BUILD YOUR CLEP PROFILE ONLINE. Here you will enter the $90 ($93 starting 7/1/2023) payment to receive a CLEP Exam Registration Ticket. You must print this ticket out and bring with you to Testing Services the day of your exam so we can enter your Registration ID from the ticket.
4. SCHEDULE YOUR TEST DATE AND TIME with the University of Louisville Testing Services Office. You will receive an email from us confirming your appointment.
5. READ OVER THIS INFORMATION and pay CLOSE attention to the ID requirements. If you have any questions about the requirements, feel free to contact our office at 502.852.6606 prior to your scheduled appointment. We do not allow personal belonging inside the testing room. We will issue you a locker to store your belongings.
See Parking and Directions for directions and Google Maps links to our office.
Now through August 31, 2023, students can save 50% when they register for another CLEP® exam.*
Key discount details: