Careers In Political Science
What can you do with a degree in Political Science?
"A degree in political science provides strong preparation for a wide range of careers. Our UofL graduates go on to challenging jobs in government, campaigns, the nonprofit sector, law, public policy, academics, and business, both in the U.S. and abroad. The first stop for students who want to explore their career options with a bachelor's degree in political science is the Career Development Center. The UofL Career Development Center supports students from their freshman year to their senior year and beyond with career assessments, advising, job and internship postings, resume and interview help, special events and more."
The Career Development Center has many resources available to you! The What Can I Do With This Major is a resource that provides information on career areas, typical employers, and strategies to enter that career area. This also includes links to professional associations, occupational outlook, related resources, and employment opportunities. together to give Political Science students an idea of what jobs to consider and how to begin searching for the career best for you.
Visit these sites to view national salaries.
Whether you are looking to get a Masters, JD, or PhD, be sure to explore all your options. Consider: price, location, rankings, program size, etc., whatever your personal priorities are.
- UofL Political Science MA
- UofL Brandeis School of Law
- UofL School of Urban & Public Affairs Programs (MPA, Master in UrbanPlanning)
- Law School Admission Council (if you are interested in law school LSAC is your #1 information center)
- Education-Portal (details and contact information about many different schools/programs)
- Gradschools.com (the #1 graduate school directory)
- Association of Professional Schools in International Affairs (30 affiliated schools, details about each)
- US News (rankings)
- Public Affairs Council: Jobs, Hiring, and Career Management Tips
Another great source for students of political science is the American Political Science Association (APSA)
will give you information on programs; application process; graduate student connections for writing, publishing, conferences, and employment; online job lists; and much more.
Bureau of Labor Statistics