Master of Science in Health Data Analytics
The M.S. in Health Data Analytics program is available to students who have completed an undergraduate degree in biostatistics, statistics, mathematics, computer science or a related discipline. Applicants must also have competency in college-level calculus, statistics and regression analysis, as evidenced by transcripts from postsecondary institutions.
This program is available to both part-time and full-time students; however, the part-time student must be cognizant that courses are offered on an alternating basis, usually every two years. Thus, part-time students must pursue the recommended course sequence, as courses are available.
- Completed SOPHAS application
- $135 non-refundable application fee for first school you apply to; $50 for each additional
- Completed supplemental SIGS Graduate Application
- $65 non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be in biostatistics, statistics, mathematics, computer science or a related discipline
- Competency in college-level calculus, statistics, regression analysis
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work from accredited institutions
- Submission of GRE Quantitative section score
- A current curriculum vitae (CV)
- Statement of goals (i.e., general research interests)
- At least 2 letters of recommendation written within past 12 months
- Admission interviews by the HMSS Health Leadership Committee
International Applicants – Additional Requirements
If you live outside of the United States and intend to complete an online academic program from your home country, be sure to review these additional requirements for international students.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam with a minimum score of 90 (after conversion for test type)
- Passing an advanced level Intensive English as a Second Language Program
- Degree from an accredited U.S. institution (requires provisional admission with evaluation of English language competency)
International students will not be issued a U.S. visa if admitted to the Master of Science in Health Data Analytics online program, since there are no campus attendance requirements. All courses in the program are taught 100% online, allowing you to attain the entire degree from the comfort of your home and at any time convenient for you, regardless of your current location, anywhere in the world.
Application Deadline for Fall: July 1
For more information on the admission and application process, please contact our Online Learning Enrollment Counselor at 800.871.8635 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.