How Much Will I Pay?
Tuition & Aid
Students only enrolled in the non-degree certificate programs are not eligible to receive federal aid.
- Increase your functional knowledge in the rapidly growing field of data analytics as it applies to business management.
- Learn to apply analytics across business areas including, but not limited to: finance and forecasting, price optimization, customer acquisition, computer information systems, web page analysis, operations management, inventory planning, and more.
- Develop your ability to communicate analysis and results through data visualization and data storytelling.
- Complete your business certificate in managerial analytics in as little as 2 semesters.
- Connect and network with other professionals across the industry.
- Learn when it’s convenient for you with 100% online courses and anywhere, anytime access.
- Get a jump start on your MBA—credits earned in the certificate can count as 1/5 of your UofL MBA, offered online and on-campus (you must apply and be admitted separately to the MBA).
Job growth in data science is significant, expected to grow faster than average in the 2018-2028 projections (bls.gov).
Managers who have analytics expertise are better poised to help improve and grow an organization through data insights. Graduates of the online Managerial Analytics Certificate are equipped with the expertise to apply data management, statistics, and communication skills needed to successfully gather, analyze, interpret, and provide narrative(s) around data to drive strong business strategy, solve business problems and promote growth.
Professionals who combine the certificate with an MBA from UofL have a stronger foundation for integrating data analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) into their business development strategy, and are better prepared to advance their career and distinguish themselves in the marketplace.
|Preferred Application Deadline
Note: We admit students on a rolling basis. The preferred deadlines help you complete the application process on time, be notified of acceptance and enroll before the term begins. We review applications as they become complete, and admit students for a specific term up to the day classes start. We recommend you work on and submit your complete application well in advance of the preferred deadline, as obtaining transcripts and other materials may take more time.
Steps to Apply
- Complete online application
- Submit $40 application fee
START YOUR APPLICATION
To enroll in the online Managerial Analytics Certificate offered by the College of Business at the University of Louisville, you must apply as a graduate non-degree seeking student and meet the following requirements:
For more information on the admission and application process, please contact our Online Learning Enrollment Counselor at 800.871.8635 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor's degree in any field from an accredited college or university*
- Official transcript(s) certifying the undergraduate degree
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
GMAT/GRE scores are not required for admission.
*While all backgrounds are accepted, applicants should be aware of the highly technical nature of the courses.
Send official transcripts to:
University of Louisville
2211 S. Brook Street
Louisville, KY 40292
* See the UofL Transfer Credit Policy for more information.
UofL’s online Managerial Analytics Certificate consists of 7 courses (totaling 12 graduate credit hours). The courses must be taken during the noted semesters. All courses are delivered in 5-week terms. Courses in the Spring semester are 1.5 credit hours and are taken 2 at a time.
MBA 631 / ANLY 631 Introduction to Statistics and Data Analytics
ANLY 610 Data Base
ANLY 615 Artificial Intelligence
ANLY 620 Advanced Business Analytics
ANLY 625 Spreadsheet Modeling for Analytics
ANLY 630 Blockchain
ANLY 635 Storytelling With Data
|TOTAL REQUIRED CREDIT HOURS
Is the managerial analytics expertise gained through this certificate specific to one particular business industry?
This certificate is not industry specific. Regardless of the type of business you manage or aspire to manage, developing a solid understanding of how to apply managerial analytics principles, methods and tools to understand data and drive business strategy can set you – and your business – apart in the industry.
I took an intro to statistics course at another institution. Could I transfer those credits in to cover the pre-requisite requirement?
Potentially. While most certificate programs do not accept transfer credit, there are cases when we can accept transfer credit for the intro to statistics course. Contact our enrollment team for more information.
If I am enrolled in the MBA program, can I get financial aid while taking the certificate courses?
Yes. While financial aid is not available for non-degree seeking certificate students, taking these courses as an enrolled MBA student fulfilling electives requirements does make you eligible for federal financial aid.
Do these courses count toward UofL’s seated Master of Science in Business Analytics program?
No, the Managerial Analytics Certificate courses will not count toward the Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) degree program offered by the College of Business. While similar in focus, the two programs are inherently different in that the MSBA degree prepares graduates to become data scientists – actually working within the data analysis – whereas the Certificate in Managerial Analytics focuses more on providing the foundation managers need to make strong business decisions based on data and analytics output.