Master of Education (Teaching and Learning)
Ready to apply? We are happy to guide you through the application and admission process.
Candidates to the M.Ed. (Teaching and Learning) online program must first submit the Online Graduate Application for Admission through the School of Interdisciplinary and Graduate Studies.
Applicants must also submit the following:
- Completed Online Graduate Application for Admission
- Application fee of $65 (non-refundable)
- Valid Kentucky Teaching Certificate or statement of eligibility for candidates outside Kentucky.
- If you are certified in Kentucky, please indicate that on your application. You are not required to submit this documentation as we have access through the Education Professional Standards Board.
- If you are certified in other state, please read the Out of State disclaimer below.
- Two letters of recommendation – Please list the email addresses for two recommenders in the online application. Recommenders will receive instructions and forms that they will complete online.
- Signed code of ethics/technology statement – use Professional Code of Ethics and CEHD Technology Agreement form [PDF]. Please upload this document to your online application.
- Personal Statement (up to 250-500 words), along with the Personal Statement Cover Sheet [PDF]. Please upload this document to your online application.
- GRE scores – not required for those with a 2.75 minimum undergraduate GPA
- If your cumulative GPA is below 2.75, please email email@example.com regarding GRE minimum scores requirements.
- Official transcripts for any undergraduate work (minimum GPA of 2.75 preferred) and any graduate work (minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred)
Please have transcripts sent to:
School of Interdisciplinary and Graduate Studies
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
For electronic transcripts, please have them sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Meeting GRE score and/or GPA minimums does not guarantee admission to the program.
Out of State Students – Out-of-state prospects who have teacher certification should be advised that we cannot guarantee the program will meet licensure, salary, advancement or other requirements in their state. As part of the admission process, we will require a written statement confirming their interest in the program for personal development and they understand the program is designed to meet Kentucky certification requirements only. For more information, please contact our academic advisor at email@example.com.
International Students – Applicants who have attended a college or university outside of the United States are also required to submit an evaluation of their transcript through either WES (World Education Services) or ECE (Educational Credential Evaluators). Please note that transcript evaluations can sometimes take several weeks.
- TOEFL – required of all foreign students from countries in which English is not the native language.
- Students who hold a baccalaureate or advanced degree from an accredited institution in the U.S. are exempt from this requirement.
Enrollment Requirements – Upon admission to the program, students will be assigned a faculty advisor and will work collaboratively with that advisor to complete any additional requirements needed before enrolling.
For questions about application and enrollment to the online master’s (Teaching and Learning) program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.871.8635.
Application Form: Which Program to Select
When you reach the "Program Choice" page of your application, select one of the four Teacher Leadership programs. See the screenshot below for reference.