Virtual Freshman Orientation - Summer/Fall
With the health and safety of our newest Cardinals as a top priority, New Cards Orientation 2021 will be a Virtual Orientation Program. While many things in the world around us are changing and uncertain, our commitment remains the same - supporting our students and families in their transition to the Cardinal Family while providing the best possible orientation experience.
Virtual Freshman Orientation
Your Summer Freshman Orientation experience will include:
- Online Orientation Module
- Launch! Live Virtual Session
- Virtual Academic Advising and Course Enrollment
Online Orientation Module
This is the first step in your summer orientation experience. Complete an online module that will walk you through important items such as academic information, campus resources, business items, and more. This module is asynchronous and can be completed at your own pace.
Your Virtual Orientation Module will be added to your New Cards Gateway approximately 1 hour after you complete your orientation registration.
To access Virtual Orientation
- Log into your New Cards Gateway
- You will login to your Gateway with your personal email address and password created at the time of application to UofL
- Click on the "Complete your Summer 2021 Virtual Orientation Module" link in the New Cards Gateway Checklist section
- Note: This will take up to 1 hour to show after you submit registration for orientation
- Use Google Chrome as your browser
- On the Microsoft Sign In screen, enter your UofL email address in the userID@louisville.edu format
- Click Next
- On the Enter password screen, enter your ULink password
- Click Next
You will not be able to login if:
- You enter your userID@louisville.edu email address incorrectly
- Your University accounts are not activated. Click here for activation instructions
Launch! Live Virtual Session
After you have completed your Online Orientation Module, you will attend a 2-hour, live-time, virtual session to:
- Connect you with other students
- Introduce you to your Student Orientation Staff member
- Explore campus life
- Provide important information to prepare you for your academic advising appointment
This program will launch you into your successful transition to the University of Louisville.
Virtual Academic Advising and Course Enrollment
Within 1 week of completing your Online Orientation Module and your Launch! Live session, your academic advising unit will contact you to schedule an appointment to meet with an advisor virtually. At the end of your advising appointment, you will be able to enroll in your classes for the fall 2021 semester!
- If you have not heard from your academic advising unit within 5 days of completing orientation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.
- Make sure you are ready for your appointment. Click here for steps to help you prepare.
Academic Advising Intake Form: In preparation for your virtual academic advising appointment this summer, you will need to complete an Academic Advising Intake Form that will be available in your New Cards Gateway about 1 hour after you register for orientation. Careful completion of this form will help your advisor provide you with individualized guidance based on your plans, interests, and possible areas of needed support.
Registration for Summer 2021 Freshman Orientation is now open!
When you submit your registration form, you will be registering for access to the Online Orientation module and for your Launch! Live session. View a list of currently available Launch! dates and times by major .
Please note: You will have access to register for Orientation after you have paid your Freshman Enrollment Deposit.
- Log into your New Cards Gateway
- Pay the $25 Orientation Fee (in the Payments section)
- Click on the Register for Summer 2021 Virtual Freshman Orientation link (available about one hour after submitting payment)
It will take up to one hour for the registration link to show up in your New Cards Gateway after submitting payment. You can log back in to your Gateway at any time to complete checklist items. Launch! Live sessions are available on a first-come, first-served basis, so be sure to register soon to reserve a spot on your preferred date.
Activating University Accounts: You will need to activate your University accounts in order to login to your Online Orientation Module and enroll in classes. If you have not yet activated your accounts, click here for activation instructions. If you have already activated, but do not remember your login information or password and need assistance in resetting, click here for information from the UofL IT Help Desk.
Major Change Requests: It is important to be in the correct major before registering for and/or attending orientation and academic advising. Complete the Major Change Request Form (login required with your New Cards Gateway credentials) if you would like to request an update to your current major. You can view your currently admitted major in your New Cards Gateway at any time.
Launch! Live Session Changes: Do NOT submit this form is you have not already registered for a session through your New Cards Gateway. If you would like to request a change to your scheduled Launch Live Session date/time after you have initially submitted registration, please submit a Launch! Live Session Change Request (login required with your New Cards Gateway credentials). You will receive an updated confirmation after your change is processed, or we will reach out if there are questions about or issues with your request.
Questions? The Orientation Programs office is here to help! Email us (email@example.com) or call (502.852.7276). We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Cardinal Family!