Through a variety of lectures, seminars, panel discussions and conferences, the McConnell Center brings influential political leaders, business executives and accomplished scholars to the University of Louisville where their insights and examples can serve our undergraduate McConnell Scholars, the campus community and the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
For the latest McConnell Center news and events, please subscribe to our newsletter.
- Aug. 24: “The Way Out—How to Overcome Toxic Polarization,” Dr. Peter Coleman, Columbia School of Professional Studies, Chao Auditorium, Ekstrom Library, 6 PM
- Sep. 17: “Political Polarization, the Classroom, and the Future of Civic Discourse,” Dr. John Rose, The Kenan Institute for Ethics at Duke University, Multipurpose Room, Student Activities Center, 12 PM
- Oct. 11: “American Conservatism and the Challenges of Populism,” Dr. George Nash, Author of The Conservative Intellectual Tradition in America Since 1945, Chao Auditorium, Ekstrom Library, 6 PM
- Oct. 25: “The Right—The Hundred-Year War for American Conservatism,” Matthew Continetti, American Enterprise Institute and author of The Right—The Hundred-Year War for American Conservatism, Chao Auditorium, Ekstrom Library, 6 PM
- Nov. 3: “Zombies, Ethics, and Liberalism—Do we Eat Brains or the Hearts First?” Chris Robichaud, Harvard Kennedy School of Government, Chao Auditorium, Ekstrom Library, 6 PM
- Nov. TBA: “The Economics of Equity: The Economic Case for Investing in the Underdog”