About the Center
Our mission at the UofL Depression Center is to serve as the major regional resource for the treatment of depression and bipolar disorder, research, and education.
We are committed to:
- provide ready access to state of the art treatment, for patients of all ages.
- provide education to patients and their families, other health care and mental health professionals, the public, and corporate and government decision makers
- help overcome the stigma about depression
- better ensure support for broader availability and better access to needed treatment.
- be a leader in research to discover the underlying cause of depression
- use the knowledge we gain to help develop new and more effective treatments.
As a charter member of the National Network of Depression Centers, we will utilize cutting edge knowledge gained from colleagues around the country regarding the causes of depression, effective treatments, and innovative approaches to education. And, we will contribute our own advances to our national colleagues, to ensure the treatment of depression is improved.