Graduate Research & Teaching Assistants

Graduate Teaching or Research Assistants

Graduate Teaching or Research Assistants who meet certain criteria will receive the university-sponsored student insurance program from  Academic Health Plans as part of their benefit package.  This is a supplemental medical insurance plan and cannot be removed or refunded to the student.

You must be enrolled in the G12 pay group and confirmed through payroll in order to receive this benefit.  Please see your unit business manager (UBM) if you believe you are eligible. Your UBM is responsible for enrolling you in the correct pay group when you are hired.

Coverage begins the first day of the month you are hired and terminates on the last day of the month that you work for UofL.

For frequently asked questions regarding the University sponsored student insurance plan follow this link.

For additional questions please contact Academic Health Plans at or 1-855-850-4191.