HSC Immunization Requirements
The following immunizations are required for Health Sciences Students
All students in the Schools of Dentistry, Medicine and Upper Division of the Nursing School including Graduate Nursing programs, Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology are required to have the immunizations listed below, in addition to an annual TB skin test. Please print and complete theand submit it, along with all official documentation of your immunizations.
Questions concerning the Health Science Campus requirement can be directed to Immunize@louisville.edu.
Campus Health Services, located on the Health Science Campus, can take care of any immunizations you may need to be compliant.
Tetanus-Diphtheria Acellular Pertussis (Tdap)
- 1 Adult Tdap vaccine (Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis).
- Documentation of serologic immunity OR
- 2 MMR vaccines (2 doses Measles, 2 doses Mumps and one dose Rubella if administered separately).
Hepatitis B Vaccine (HepB)
- 3 doses of vaccine followed by HepBSAb titer, reported with a QUANTITATIVE value.
Varicella (Chickenpox) Vaccine
- 2 doses of vaccine OR
- Positive antibody titer. Indeterminate titers require one dose vaccine.
- Vaccine is required annually but not available until Fall. You will be notified regarding its availability. Free to all students.
COVID-19 Vaccine (Effective January 2022)
- 2 doses of vaccine
- 1 booster dose of vaccine STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
Baseling and Annual TB (Tuberculosis) testing required
No previous TST or your testing has elapsed >14 months:
- Complete two TSTs, at least one week apart.
No prior history of positive TST:
- Proof of two annually consecutive TSTs: one within 90 days of your start date, OR
- Interferon Gamma Release Assay (IGRA) (Quantiferon TB Gold or T-spot) within 90 days of your start date.
Prior history of (+) TST or IGRA, or active TB:
- Provide documentation of positive test results, medication treatment, and latest Chest x-ray report.
- If you received the BCG vaccine and your first or second TST were "positive" you will need to obtain an IGRA blood test.
- Complete TB Questionnaire (TBQ) upon starting and on an annual basis.
- 2 doses vaccine
Pending Vaccine Documentation
You will be contacted by e-mail once documents are reviewed and additional documentation may be requested by Campus Health Services.