Start at Jefferson, Finish at UofL
High School Seniors
If you would like to be an ULtra student, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Attend Parent/Student Information Session
- Apply to Jefferson Community and Technical College
- Attend SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration)
- Come in to the ULtra office.
Students Currently Enrolled at Jefferson
Once you sign up for ULtra, you will remain an ULtra student until you opt-out of the program. You do not need to sign up every semester. If you would like to opt-out please come in to the office
Students Ready to Transfer to UofL
Transferring to UofL? Use this checklist to guide you through the transfer process.
Step 1: Complete Application
- Visit the Admissions website to apply online
- Pay the $25 application fee with a credit or debit card when you apply
- If you have earned less that 24 college credits, you must send your official high school transcript and ACT scores to the Office of Admissions (see address below).
- Send an official transcript to UofL from EVERY college you have attended. To get a transcript from Jefferson, please see the different options for requesting one on Jefferson's website.
- To petition for admission, please complete the online admissions petition form
Send materials to:
Office of Admissions
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
Step 2: Complete the FAFSA
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) if you haven't already or update existing FAFSA by adding UofL’s school code 001999 **Make sure to do this BEFORE Nov. 1 for the spring semester, June 1 for the fall semester to allow time for processing.
- Contact your home institution to inform them that you will not be enrolled the next semester. Jefferson requires that you go to the Financial Aid office and give them written notification that you will be transferring your financial aid to a different school
Step 3: Apply for Scholarships
- Apply for the KCTCS Transfer Scholarship if you are transferring in the summer or fall, have 40 or more credits and a GPA of 3.25 or better
- Other scholarship information is available on the UofL Financial Aid website and the Transfer Admissions website
Step 4: Keep an eye out!
Look for a letter in the mail telling you that you have been admitted with information on what to do next! To check on the status of your application, please contact the UofL Transfer Admissions office at (502) 852-0166.
After you have been admitted:
Please check the Transfer To-Do List to make sure you have completed all the necessary steps before school starts!