ULtra Students Taking Metroversity Courses
Metroversity is a program that allows JCTC students to take a class at UofL and pay the JCTC tuition cost while experiencing a University classroom setting. Metroversity students also receive a UofL student ID and a Parking Pass at no extra cost. This is an excellent way to begin the transition to UofL or to take classes not available at JCTC.
ULtra students may only register for the Spring 2013 semester
during the following dates:
November 17th - November 19th
To be eligible student must:
- Have at least 12 college credit hours and a minimum GPA of 2.0 at the time of registration (NEW).
- Have a 3.0 GPA or above to enroll in a 300 level or above course (NEW)
- Previous UofL student who are not in good standing ( warning, probation 1st suspension or 2nd suspension) are not eligible to take a class via Metroversity (NEW)
- Be a full-time student (including the UofL class).
- MUST BE SIGNED UP AS AN ULTRA STUDENT prior to registration.
Steps students must take prior to registration dates:
- Consult with an ULtra advisor to check that you are eligible to take selected class BEFORE November 1st.
- After consulting with an ULtra advisor, find a class that fits your schedule. Go to hal.louisville.edu to review the UofL schedule of classes.
- Some classes in Nursing, Education, Engineering, Music and Upper Division Business may have additional requirements – your Ultra advisor will check on this.
Spring registration through ULtra for Metroversity is limited to November 7th - November 19th. Spring classes begin January 9th.
To make an appointment please call 213-4538 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Registration will begin on November 7th on a walk in basis.
After registering for your UofL class:
- Open your ULink, e-mail, Blackboard and Peoplesoft accounts. Go to “Getting Started Students” at http://louisville.edu/it/accounts/Getting_Started_Students.html .
- Parking information is available at http://louisville.edu/parking . Your Purple Permit is valid for the Papa John Stadium lot before 5:00. Shuttles run to the campus every 3 to 5 minutes. After 5:00 pm you can park in red, blue or green lots.
- Have your STUDENT ID made. The Campus card office is located in the Houchens Building lower level Room 08K. Hours of operation are Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00pm.
How to withdraw from your Metroversity classes:
- Please contact your ULtra advisor by email to drop a class. You must email the request to email@example.com from your JCTC email account so there exists a record of this request. Final Drop date is August 18th - no exceptions.
- There will be a hold on your UofL Peoplesoft account that prevents electronic drop at UofL.
- If you have more than one Metroversity class and you try to drop it in JCTC Peoplesoft, both classes may end up being dropped.