How to Apply to JCTC
JCTC ADMISSIONS DEADLINES!!
For Fall 2013 semester, the deadline to apply for admission to JCTC is July 1st.
Step 1: Complete application
Applications can be completed by one of the following methods:
IN PERSON - Come to any JCTC Campus
Carrollton Campus - 324 Main Street
Downtown Campus - Jefferson Educational Center (JEC) – 200 West Broadway (2nd and Broadway across from the McDonalds).
Jefferson Technical Campus - Building B, 727 West Chestnut Street
Shelby County Campus - 1361 Frankfort Road
Southwest Campus - Administrative Building - 1000 Community College Dr.
ONLINE - You can fill out the Online Application for AdmissionsJCTCS Admission Application or print out application and mail in ( both options are free). Please make sure to fill in your home campus (Jefferson Downtown, Southwest, Carrollton, etc. )
Application deadlines for incoming new first time students will be determined soon for the Fall semester. This deadline does not apply to transfer students from another college or university.
Step 2: Financial Aid
If you have applied for Financial Aid, be sure that you have added Jefferson Community & Technical College’s school code to the list of schools you want your aid information reported to. JCTC’s school code is 006961. Downtown location: JEC Building 4th floor.
If you have not yet filled out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you can Apply for FAFSA online.
3. TAKE THE PLACEMENT TEST:
- New students are required* to take our free placement test (COMPASS test) in English, reading, and math.
- *Students who have taken the ACT/SAT may be exempt from placement testing at JCTC if they meet certain score requirements.
- The Assessment Coordinator will be able to determine that for you.
- Your scores on the placement test will help your advisor know which classes you need.
- It is important to take the COMPASS exam seriously to ensure proper class placement.
- To schedule an appointment, go to Register for Placement Test.
- There is no charge for this test.
- For information about the placement test and practice questions, visit the Assessment Center’s homepage.
4. ATTEND SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration):
- All first-time college students must attend one SOAR session AFTER taking the placement test.
- Your SOAR session will be scheduled by the Assessment Coordinator immediately following the placement test.
- At SOAR, you will participate in a new student orientation, meet with an advisor, and register for classes.
- If you have taken the ACT/SAT, bring your scores with you.
- Remember, you must take the placement test PRIOR to attending SOAR.
5. Sign up with the Ultra Program:
The University of Louisville Transfer Program-Ultra will have a representative available at all the JCTC Downtown Campus SOAR programs to enroll prospective ultra students. If you need additional information please contact the Ultra office at 213-4538. The Ultra office is located on the downtown campus of the Jefferson Community & Technical College.
6. PAY FOR YOUR CLASSES BY THE DEADLINE:
- Pay by cash, credit card, payment plan, or financial aid. Pay in person or online by the deadline to avoid late fees or other penalties.
- You can view payment information including deadlines on the Bursar’s Office homepage.
For assistance, please call 855-246-5282 (855-2GO-JCTC) or visit our Student Service Center online.
Step 7: CONTACT THE ULtra OFFICE
If you intend to transfer to the University of Louisville, you should meet with an ULtra advisor to make sure you are taking the correct classes for transfer into your UofL major and get information on the transfer process! See Office Hours.
- JCTC Downtown: ULtra is located on the 9th floor of the JEC Building. Our walk in hours are Monday through Wednesday 9:00am – 5:00pm, closed from 12:00pm to 1:00pm for lunch. Appointments are available Thursdays by calling (502) 213-4538 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
- JCTC Southwest: ULtra is located in the CREW Center in the Student Community Building Rm 102 and is staffed Monday and Tuesday 9:00am – 5:00pm. Call (502) 213-4538 for an appointment.
- JCTC Shelbyville: An ULtra representative is on site on selected Thursdays of every month from 9:00am – 5:00pm in the Advising Center. Please see the ULtra calender for semester schedule.
**Housing is available through the University of Louisville affiliated housing complexes. See the Housing Information page on the ULtra website for details.
JCTC Help Desk
Downtown: (502) 213-2176
||JEC Building 6th Floor
||Student Community Building
||JEC Building 6th floor