The University Counsel reports directly to the Executive Vice President and University Provost and serves as a member of the Executive Cabinet. The University Counsel carries out the following functions:
- Provide legal assistance and advice to the President and other university officers, the Board of Trustees, and the Boards of Directors of the University’s affiliated corporations.
- Assists the President, University Provost, Vice Presidents, Deans, and other administrators in the University community in interpreting statutory requirements and established University policies and procedures.
- Represents the University and its affiliated corporations or arranges for outside counsel, in matters pending before government agencies, in all grievances, litigation, and settlement of claims.
- Reviews contracts and legal agreements to which the University is a party.
- Undertakes other assignments and provides policy advice as needed.
University Counsel Office Location and Contact Information:
206 Grawemeyer Hall
University of Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky 40292
Dana B. Mayton, Interim University Counsel
Glenn D. Bossmeyer, Associate University Counsel (HSC Campus 852-0129)
Julie F. DeMunbrun, Associate University Counsel
Amy E. Shoemaker, Associate University Counsel
David D. King, Associate University Counsel
Jennifer L. Elliott, Associate University Counsel
Peter G. Diakov, Associate University Counsel
Vicki Yates Brown, Associate University Counsel
Katie Niehaus, Legal Assistant
Sheila Bridgeman, Administrative Associate
Vacant, Administrative Secretary