Requests for initial faculty appointments shall be made using a triptych. The content of the triptych will be as follows:
- current curriculum vitae
- biographical data sheet (P-102)
- signed offer letter from Dean to candidate
- official transcript from institution where highest degree was earned
- personnel recommendation form (P-103)
- payroll action form (PAF)
- Vice-President's approval to retain position (if replacement)
- affirmative action approval
- covering memoranda (from Chair to Dean and from Dean to Vice-President
- President giving reasons why candidate is being recommended, including a brief description of the candidate's accomplishments
- reference letters or telephone reference reports
The triptych will be forwarded by the Dean to the Center for Faculty Personnel where the material will be reviewed and submitted to the approprate academic Vice-President for approval. Following approval by the Vice-President, the Center for Faculty Personnel will plae the appointment on the agenda for the next meeting of the Board of Trustees as a recommendation from the President.
After final approval by the Board of Trustees, the University Provost will notify the vice-President, Dean and faculty member of the appointment. The Center for Faculty Personnel will notify University Personnel Services/Payroll of the Board's approval of the appointment. The employing academic unit will make an appointment with Personnel/Payroll for the new faculty member to enroll for payroll and benefits.