Classroom Reading Endorsement (P-12)
This endorsement is designed for Kentucky teachers. Anyone seeking admission to University of Louisville Graduate School for purposes of pursuing a Master of Education with Classroom Reading Endorsement (P-12) must provide the following:
- Completed online application for admission
- $65 non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor’s degree earned from a regionally accredited institution
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work
- Valid Kentucky Teaching Certificate or statement of eligibility for candidates outside Kentucky
- Minimum 2.75 cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) on 4.0 scale, and a minimum 3.0 GPA for graduate work
- Two graduate recommendation forms *
- Applicants should enter the names and email addresses of two academic or professional references in Section VII of the application for admission. The Office of Graduate Admissions will email the proper form to each reference.
- A personal statement (with the Personal Statement Cover Sheet [PDF]) of no more than 250-500 hundred words *
- A signed Technology and Code of Ethics Form [PDF]
* Not required for Graduate, Non-degree applicants pursuing the endorsement only option.
Out of State Students
Out-of-state candidates who are certified teachers should be advised that we cannot guarantee the program will meet licensure, salary, advancement or other requirements in their state. As part of the admission process, we will require a written statement confirming their interest in the program for personal development and they understand the program is designed to meet Kentucky certification requirements only. For more information, please contact our academic advisor at email@example.com.
If you live outside of the United States and intend to complete an online academic program from your home country, be sure to view special requirements for international students. International candidates’ applications are typically reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Admission - Important Notes
Meeting GRE score and GPA minimums does not guarantee a student will be accepted to the program.
Applications received at least six weeks prior to the beginning of a term will be given priority consideration.
Credentials may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Graduate Admissions at the address below:
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292