Master of Arts in Higher Education Administration Online Program
- As part of the application process, students are required to submit all official transcripts. The minimum requirement for admission is the baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Each applicant is required to submit at least two letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to the applicant's academic and/or professional capabilities and potential. Do not include friends or family members.
The GRE requirement is waived for applicants with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 during undergraduate studies or a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 during graduate studies. All others will be required to take the GRE.
For GRE scores prior to August 1, 2011, a minimum combined (verbal and quantitative) score of an 800 is required for unconditional admission. For GRE scores taken August 1, 2011 and after, a score at the 36th percentile or higher in Verbal Reasoning and the 22nd percentile or higher in Quantitative Reasoning is required.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required of all foreign students from countries in which English is not the native language. Students holding a baccalaureate or advanced degree from an accredited institution in the United States are exempt from this requirement.
- Each applicant must submit a resume and a one-page professional goals statement. The professional goals statement must be 1 - 2 pages in length and address why you are interested in the program, how it relates to your career goals, the relationship between your personal and professional goals, and your experience with and interest in learning more about diversity issues in higher education. This document is also a writing sample and will be used to assess your writing skills.
- For unconditional admission, students are required to have a 2.75 cumulative grade point average, or 2.75 grade point average for their last 60 hours in an undergraduate program.
- All credentials are considered. Please know that satisfying the minimum GPA or GRE requirements does not guarantee admission into the program.
Application Priority Deadlines
- July 1st for fall admission.
- December 1st for spring admission.
- April 1st for summer admission.
For more information on the admission and application process, please contact our Online Learning Enrollment Counselor at 800.871.8635 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may transfer up to six credit hours of graduate coursework from any regionally accredited university, pending department approval.
If you have questions about transferring credit, contact our Online Learning Enrollment Counselor at 800.871.8635 or by email, email@example.com.
Important Notice Regarding Internship Requirement
The graduation requirements for the Master of Arts in Higher Education Administration include the completion of an internship. Students in some states are only permitted to complete virtual internships or projects in order to meet this requirement. Please contact Dr. Michelle Rosemond at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Online Learning enrollment management team at email@example.com with any questions.