Departments within the University administer their own scholarship/assistantship/fellowship programs. Some departments are responsible for posting funds directly to a student's financial aid package and some departments submit funding requests to the Student Financial Aid Office for processing.
Departmental awards apply to student financial aid packages and are counted as financial assistance. If scholarship exceeds financial need and/or cost of attendance, adjustments will be made to the student aid package to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations. Self-help aid, such as loans and work-study awards, are adjusted before grant or scholarship aid is affected. If an overaward occurs after aid disburses, the student may be required to repay all or a portion of their financial aid to the University.
After a department submits a funding request to the Student Financial Aid Office the average processing time is up to five business days. During high volume periods the average processing time is up to seven business days.
Note: University departments establish stipulations for all departmental scholarship/assistantship/fellowship programs and terms vary depending on each program. If you have questions regarding your departmental funds and/or are expecting department funding and funds have not posted to your student account, please contact the department to verify the status of your award.
U of L scholarships are updated every year in KHEAA's Affording Higher Educationpublication.
- Chemistry Graduate Studies
- Classical & Modern Languages
- Fine Arts
- History Graduate Studies
- Latin American and Latino Studies Program
- Mathematics Graduate Studies
- Mathematics Undergraduate Studies
- Pan-African Graduate Studies
- Physics & Astronomy
- Political Science Undergraduate Studies
- Political Science Graduate Studies
- Psychological and Brain Sciences Undergraduate Studies
- University Honors Program
- Women's and Gender Studies
- World Scholars Program
- Guaranteed Entrance to Medical School (G.E.M.S)
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion Programs
- Trover Rural Track Program
Other University Departments
Our office recommends contacting your department of study if the department not listed above. A list of schools and departments is available online.