Application Fee Waiver
Applications must include a $50 non-refundable application fee. Checks or money orders must be made payable to the University of Louisville. There are two types of students who do not have to pay the $50 fee:
1. Students who are returning to UofL without attending any other school
2. Students with financial need who participate in one of the following programs:
- Aid to Families with Dependent Care (AFDC)
- S.N.A.P. (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly known as EBT and Food Stamps Program)
- Supplemental Security Insurance (SSI)
- Job Training Partnership Lunch Program
- Free Lunch Program (high school students only)
- ACT / SAT Fee Waiver (high school students only)
In order to have your application fee waived, students must provide the appropriate documentation showing enrollment in the program. Documentation for high school students who are in the free lunch program or were eligible for an ACT/SAT fee waiver, must send a statement on official letterhead from the high school counselor. Please fax all documentation to Pam Mingus at 502.852.4776 or or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.. Documentation for all other programs may include, but is not limited to:
- Most recent correspondence
- Dependents of participants in the aforementioned programs must also provide a copy of their parents' most recent US Income Tax Form 1040 that shows the applicant is a dependent for tax purposes.
Fee waivers are valid for one term only. Please note: your fee waiver status will affect other UofL applications, such as orientation and housing.