Continuing Studies is a non-degree status that allows you to take up to 24 credits. Credits may be transferred to an academic program at UofL, if you are admitted to a degree program. Continuing Studies students fully participate in all aspects of courses including assignments, discussions and exams. Students may enroll in any open course for which they meet prerequisites. Continuing Studies students are not eligible for financial aid.
Applying for admission as a Continuing Studies student is also an option if you:
- Are at least 22 years of age with a high school diploma or GED and have not attended college
- Want to begin your college career as a part-time student and do not need financial aid
- Want to take undergraduate courses for personal/professional development
Application Steps for Continuing Studies
- Search the Schedule of Classes to find courses of interest, noting the academic department and instructor.
- Complete UofL's Take Flight Application and pay the non-refundable application fee of $25.
- After you are admitted, obtain approval to register for courses from the academic department or instructor responsible for the course. Use the Drop/Add form to obtain signature.
- Obtain signature from Continuing Studies counselor located in the lower level of Houchens.
- Submit the Drop/Add form to the Registrar’s Office (located in the lower level of Houchens) to register for courses.
- Pay applicable tuition and fees at the Bursar’s Office.
* UofL offers tuition remission to individuals who are classified as Kentucky residents and are at least 65 years of age on, or before, the first day of classes for the semester. Proof of age may be shown by presenting a driver’s license or other age verification document at the Bursar's Office. Please note: tuition remission does not include the application fee. Students must still pay the $25 fee.
Some links on this page may lead to PDFs. To read PDFs, download Adobe Acrobat Reader.