The Carolyn Krause Maddox Prize in Women's & Gender Studies
The UofL Department of Women's & Gender Studies announces the eighth annual Carolyn Krause Maddox Prize. Thanks to a generous donation from Eleanor and Bob Maddox, one undergraduate and one graduate student will be awarded $300 each for the best papers on a topic in Women's & Gender Studies.
Students from any discipline are invited to submit papers on topics related to women or gender. An interdisciplinary committee of WGS faculty will review all submissions and make award decisions. The winners will receive their prizes and present their papers at a colloquium during Women's History Month in March. Previous winners of this prize may not compete again. Students may submit only one paper for the prize.
Deadline to submit a paper is February 15, 2017.
- 8-25 pages in length
- author's name should appear on title page
- author's name should not appear on any other page of the text
- pages of text must be numbered
- essay must be accompanied by an a, available in this link, from the Department office (Stevenson 320), by calling 852-8160, or by e-mailing email@example.com.
- Students must also send paper electronically to Jan Rayburn.
Papers without an application form will not be considered.