Graduate studies

The Department of Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies offers the M.A. degree, a dual M.A./M.S.S.W. degree (with the Kent School of Social Work), and a graduate certificate that can be taken alone or combined with any other University of Louisville graduate degree.

Explore our programs

Academic Common Market - If your state does not offer the MA in WGST and your state is part of the academic common market, you could qualify for in-state tuition. This is a southern state consortium. Search your state university's website to check participation. "Academic Common Market" is something you should check out.


The University of Louisville is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC). For more information ---

More information