Fuel Card Program
The University of Louisville has established a contract with James River Solutions to provide a fuel program for University-owned vehicles, see Purchasing 13.00. Fuel cards provide a quick and convenient way for University drivers to purchase fuel at competitive rates. Departments shall be expected to follow the established guidelines.
- Fueling Locations
- Using your Fuel Card
- Vehicle Coordinator Responsibilities
- Driver Responsibilities
- How to Obtain a Fuel Card/PIN
- Vehicle Maintenance Agreements
- Contact Information
- updated 4/06/16
Or, locate a fueling site in another city or state:
- Go to www.cfnnet.com and click Site Locator in the topmost toolbar
- Search options include by state, city, county, metro address, zip code or route
- Further filter results by fuel type, driver comforts, site facilities, etc.
- Swipe card at the pump
- Enter vehicle's odometer (mileage) reading
- Enter personal PIN number
- Pump away!
- Save your receipt
- A fuel card must be used to re-fuel university-owned vehicles; a ProCard cannot be used.
- Only one fuel card can be assigned to a vehicle.
- A vehicle coordinator must be assigned for each department. This person must review the fuel card policies and sign an agreement form.
- Fuel cards must be restricted to the type of fuel product the vehicle requires (e.g. gasoline or diesel).
- A separate card can be obtained for small non-licensed vehicles or tools that would normally not have a fuel card assigned.
- Perform monthly reconciliations, verifying transactions and receipts with the fuel card report.
- Maintain all receipts and reports for three years.
- If a vehicle is sold or surplused, destroy the fuel card and send the ProCard Office a .
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately.
- Complete the new card and/or new driver request form(s) and send them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. These forms are to be used to request additional and/or replacement cards and to create or delete PIN numbers.
- Notify the ProCard Office to cancel an employee's PIN number when an employee is terminated/resigns or no longer with the department.
- Monitor fuel usage and odometer readings to ensure the appropriate mileage is being entered at the time of sale.
- Report any potential misuse or unidentified transactions to ProCard Office immediately. The fuel card is not to be used for personal vehicles or for non-business purposes. Using the fuel card for any purpose other than official business will be considered theft of UofL property.
- Periodically review the fuel card policies and procedures on this website and ensure all drivers are aware of the policies.
- All fuel card users will be assigned a unique 5-digit PIN number and must use only his/her PIN number when purchasing fuel.
- A receipt must be requested at the time of sale and be provided to the vehicle coordinator for reconciliation.
- Fuel cards and PIN#'s must be used for official University business only. The fuel card is not to be used for personal vehicles or for non-business purposes. Using the fuel card for any purpose other than official business will be considered theft of UofL property.
The Vehicle Coordinator will complete the and/or request form(s) and send them via email to email@example.com. These forms are to be used to request additional and/or replacement cards and to create or delete PIN numbers.
Fuel provider will email PIN number(s) to the vehicle coordinator.
New cards should arrive within 5-7 business days. PIN number additions and deletions will be completed within 1-2 business days.
We have contracted with the following companies for vehicle maintenance:
- Downtown Ford Inc., 809 S. 5th Street, Contract # IB-37-10-A
- Ken Towery Auto, All Locations, Contract # IB-37-10-B
- All-State Ford, 1357 Gardiner Lane, Contract # IB-37-10-C
- UofL Card Services: (502) 852-7520, 8:30am - 5:00pm, M-F
- James River Solutions: (804) 358-9000, 8:00am - 5:00pm, M-F
- James River Solutions - after hours on-call (emergencies only): (804) 393-1150