Master of Science in Criminal Justice
We are happy to guide you through the admission and application process for the Master of Science in Criminal Justice degree online. To help you organize the necessary documentation for admission, we have included an Application Checklist [PDF] for your quick reference.
Anyone seeking admission to the Graduate School, University of Louisville, for purposes of pursuing the Master of Science in Criminal Justice must provide the following:
- Complete application for admission
- Payment of non-refundable $65 application fee -- check or money order made payable to the University of Louisville
- Baccalaureate degree or its equivalent earned from a regionally-accredited institution
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work completed
- Minimum 3.0 (GPA) on a 4-point scale
- Minimum 292 combined quantitative and verbal scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Two recommendation forms from individuals who can speak to the applicant’s academic or professional capabilities
- An original essay identifying the applicant's background, professional interest and goals and the applicant's motivation and potential for successful completion of graduate work
Non-degree status is also an option for individuals who are interested in “testing the waters” or simply taking a graduate course. Contact our academic counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on provisional or non-degree admission.
With terms of only 6 weeks per class, we are able to offer multiple starts per year, therefore admission in our program is granted on a rolling basis. We do, however, encourage applicants to submit all required credentials six weeks prior to the beginning of a term.
You may transfer up to six credit hours of graduate coursework from any regionally accredited university, pending department approval.
If you have questions about transferring credit, contact our Online Learning Enrollment Counselor at 800.871.8635 or by email, email@example.com.
If you live outside of the United States and intend to complete an online academic program from your home country, be sure to view special requirements for international students.
For more information on the admission and application process, please contact our Online Learning Enrollment Counselor at 800.871.8635 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.