Transfer & Adult Guide
If you haven't already done so, you must activate your student account. This will grant you access to ULink, Blackboard, and UofL Email.
- Your ULink account gives you access to your grades, your financial aid package and your tuition bill.
- Blackboard is a web-based technology support for your classes.
- Your UofL Email is your only source for official email communications from the University.
If you haven't completed your FAFSA, do so as soon as possible. UofL's school code is 001999.
Once you've submitted your FAFSA:
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool if you are eligible to do so.
- Review your Financial Aid To-Do List via your ULink account when notified by the Student Financial Aid Office and on a regular basis.
You can use our Net Price Calculator to receive an estimated net price of attendance.
After you are admitted, schedule an appointment with your academic advisor by logging into CardSmart with your ULink username and password and clicking "make an appointment." View step-by-step instructions (opens PDF). (If you experience an error, please allow 2-3 business days for the assignment of your academic advisor.)
Your appointment could be scheduled up to 5 to 7 days from the date of your call. An electronic copy of your Student Transfer Evaluation (STE) will be available on your ULink account prior to your advising appointment. During your advising appointment, you will review your STE, address any course transfer issues and select courses for the upcoming semester.
All degree-seeking transfer/adult students are required to attend an orientation session.
Please note: Students admitted to an online degree program will complete an online orientation module in Blackboard. Registration is still required
Visiting, returning, post-baccalaureate and other non-degree students are not required to complete orientation but are strongly encouraged to meet with an advisor.
Every student is required to have a Student ID, also known as your Cardinal Card. This card confirms that you are a University of Louisville student and indicates you are entitled to the rights, privileges and responsibilities of a student. The Cardinal Card functions as your ID card, meal card, and library card, among many other uses. Submit your student ID photo in advance.
(Online program students are not required to have a Cardinal Card. If you would like to request an optional card, please email email@example.com.)
If you are currently enrolled at another institution, once your final grades have been posted you will need to submit a final transcript. If you are attending a Kentucky public institution, please have them certify your General Education courses on your final transcript.
- You can find your account balance on ULink.
- In order to be issued a refund of any residual funds that may be in your student account after tuition and fees are paid, you must set up your refund method in ULink (serviced by Nelnet.)
- Log into ULink
- Click on the Student Services tab.
- In the Finances section, click Select Refund Method.
- Follow the prompts to complete setup.