Activate your account
Welcome to the University of Louisville!
Before you log in to any of UofL's online services, you will need to activate your UofL account.
If you are still an applicant, you can check your application status online. Log in to ULink using the directions below, click the "student services" tab, and find "view my application status."
- Go to louisville.edu/userid to get your user ID using your Social Security Number (SSN) and your date of birth. Write your user ID and 7-digit student ID down or copy/paste them into a document so you can grab them for the next steps.
- Go to ULink, our student portal.
- Enter your user ID and your default password. Your default password will be:
First 2 letters of your first name (lower case)
First 2 letters of your last name (lower case)
An exclamation point (!)
The last four digits of your numerical student ID
(Example: John Smith, with a numerical student ID of 1234567, has a default password of Ljosm!4567)
- You may then reset your password. View the Password Policy for specific criteria.
- Once you reset your password, you may begin using your UofL e-mail. Visit cardmail.louisville.edu to log in.
- To login please use your userID@cardmail.louisville.edu and your re-set password.
- You're all set! You will log on to ULink to register for your classes, and access your grades, financial aid package, and tuition bill. If you have any problems with the above steps, please call the Help Desk at 502-852-7997 or e-mail email@example.com.