How do I apply to become an SOSer?
The selection process for becoming an SOSer is competitive, so be sure to read the job description and all the application materials carefully. We recommend that you consider setting up an appointment with the Career Development Center to prepare your application materials or interview skills.
Most importantly, be yourself! We strive to hire a dynamic, well-rounded team that is composed of members who have complimentary skills and a variety of personality types. We want to see your true personality come out in your application and interview.
I'm ready to apply!
- Step 1. Review the position description and important dates. These dates are critical to the position. If you have any questions about these dates, or potential conflicts, please email email@example.com.
- Step 2. Make sure you meet all the eligibility requirements to apply for the position.
Step 3. Applications will be available online through (no more than two pages) and photo. All applications must be submitted by Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 5 p.m. Application Link (log in with your ULink credentials)
beginning October 16, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. Fill out the online application, which includes three short answer questions, and attach your resume
- Step 4. Ask a UofL faculty/staff, high school teacher or staff member, mentor, or supervisor to complete the online recommendation form. You must get two recommendations. Do not ask a current SOSer for a recommendation. Recommendation forms are being accepted October 16 throughOctober 30, 2019 at 5 p.m.
What happens after I apply?
We will notify applicants on October 31, 2019 of their application status and invite individuals to sign up for a Group Interview time which will be held on November 7, 2019. Interviews are in 1.5-hour time blocks. During a group interview you will complete a series of activities with other candidates.
- Business casual attire is recommended for group and individual interviews.
- Not all applicants are invited to the group interview stage of the hiring process. You will be notified of your status as a candidate either way via your UofL email account.
If selected for the second interview round, you will be contacted to sign up for a 20-minute individual interview to be held November 12-19, 2019. Notification of our selections will be made shortly thereafter.