Your student is officially becoming a Louisville Cardinal, and we want to invite you to join in on the fun! Register for Family Orientation this summer, where we will make sure you have all the necessary information you need to partner with and support your student as they begin their future with us at UofL! By taking part in this event, you will learn more about:
- Campus resources
- Academic culture and expectations at UofL
- UofL Parents and Family Association
- Financial Aid and payment
- $50 registration fee per guest that covers all materials, staffing and two meals (lunch & dinner).
- Preregistration is required. Due to space limitations, we cannot guarantee entrance the day of programming for anyone not preregistered.
- There is a maximum of two guests allowed per registered student. Family Orientation registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis, and space is not guaranteed for any given session.
- Family Orientation is a concurrent session that runs simultaneously to the Freshman Orientation program. Student and Family Orientation are two entirely separate programs, and students can see their family member(s) at lunch and dinner.
- Family Orientation is held on the first day of each Freshman Orientation session from approximately 7:30 a.m to 5:30 p.m.
- Family Orientation is optional, but encouraged.
- Overnight accommodations are NOT provided for family members/guests. Click here to find hotel options close to campus.
Your student has the ability to register up to two guests/family members for Family Orientation through their New Cards Gateway (where they paid their enrollment deposit and registered for student orientation). The Family Orientation registration fee is due within 24 hours of submission in the student's New Cards Gateway.
2022 Family Orientation Session Dates:
Family Orientation sessions are held on day one of each student orientation session. Because the Student and Family Orientation sessions are separate, family members may either register for a session their student is attending or choose to attend Family Orientation on a separate date from their student if that works better for their schedule.
|Session 1: Thursday, May 26||Session 7: Thursday, June 16
|Session 2: Tuesday, May 31
||Session 8: Tuesday, June 21
|Session 3: Thursday, June 2
||Session 9: Thursday, June 23
|Session 4: Monday, June 6
||Session 10: Monday, June 27
|Session 5: Thursday, June 9
||Session 11: Thursday, June 30
|Session 6: Monday, June 13||Session 12: Tuesday, July 5