Scholarship Information - Undergraduate & Transfer Students
- All applicants that select a music degree on their application to the University and audition by March 1 are eligible for music scholarships. There is not a separate application for music scholarships. Music scholarships are only eligible for music majors.
- Music scholarships are available to qualified students, but awards are competitive. All students that audition on or before the three scholarship auditions dates (Jan. 21, Feb. 4 or Feb. 25) are considered for scholarship.
- The School of Music bases scholarship awards on several factors: musical talent, academic achievement, priorities in instrumentation, and financial need.
- The Scholarship Committee will consider your audition and application materials in making their recommendations. We suggest that you complete your application as early as possible.
- Scholarship awards are generally announced 3-4 weeks following the last audition date, typically late March or early April.
- Awards are renewable for a total of 8 semesters. Requirements for maintaining music scholarships are detailed in the music award contract a student receives when an offer is made. Provided students maintain the requirements, music scholarships are automatically renewed between the fall and spring semester.
School of Music scholarships are not the only aid available to you. The University of Louisville offers several scholarships for students regardless of major and is committed to making college affordable for its students. More than 50% of UofL students receive financial aid in the form of scholarships, grants, loans, and/or work-study programs. Please note the deadline for UofL Mentored Scholarships is December 15 (http://louisville.edu/admissions/aid/scholarships/mentored). The deadline for Guaranteed and Competitive Scholarships is December 15 (http://louisville.edu/admissions/aid/scholarships/comp-guar). The deadline for National Scholars Program (for Out-of-State Students) is February 15 (http://louisville.edu/admissions/aid/scholarships/non-resident). Music scholarships can be stacked with Academic scholarships. For more information about academic scholarships, visit the UofL Scholarship website at http://louisville.edu/admissions/aid/scholarships. For information about Financial Aid, visit the UofL Financial Aid website at http://louisville.edu/financialaid.