Scholarship Information - Undergraduate & Transfer Students
- All applicants that select a music degree on their application to the University and complete the audition process by March 1 are eligible for music scholarships. There is not a separate application for music scholarships. Music scholarships are only eligible for music majors.
- Music scholarships are available to qualified students, but awards are competitive. All students that complete the audition process by March 1st are considered for scholarship.
- The School of Music bases scholarship awards on several factors: musical talent, academic achievement and priorities in instrumentation.
- The Scholarship Committee will consider your audition and application materials in making their recommendations. We suggest that you complete your application as early as possible.
- Scholarship awards are generally offered late March or early April. Offers continue until the May 1 deadline.
- Awards are renewable for a total of 8 semesters. Requirements for maintaining music scholarships are detailed in the music award contract a student receives when an offer is made. Provided students maintain the requirements, music scholarships are automatically renewed between the fall and spring semester.
School of Music scholarships are not the only aid available to you. The University of Louisville offers several scholarships for students regardless of major and is committed to making college affordable for its students. More than 50% of UofL students receive financial aid in the form of scholarships, grants, loans, and/or work-study programs. Please note the deadline for UofL Mentored Scholarships is December 15. The deadline for Competitive Scholarships is December 15. Music scholarships can be stacked with Academic scholarships. For more information about academic scholarships, visit the UofL Scholarship website. For information about Financial Aid, visit the UofL Financial Aid website.