Scholarship Information - Undergraduate & Transfer Students
- Please complete the School of Music Scholarship Application before your scheduled audition. This is the same online application for academic/merit-based scholarships through Undergraduate Admissions. You will be asked to upload a resume. If you do not have a resume to upload please provide a brief statement giving your musical experience and background. The online scholarship application can be found at: http://louisville.edu/admissions/aid/scholarships.
- Music scholarships are available to qualified students, but awards are competitive. All students that audition on or before the three scholarship auditions dates (Jan. 24, Feb. 14 or Feb. 28) are considered for scholarship.
- The School of Music bases scholarship awards on several factors: musical talent, academic achievement, priorities in instrumentation, and financial need.
- The Scholarship Committee will consider your audition and application materials in making their recommendations. We suggest that you complete your application as early as possible.
- Scholarship awards are generally announced 3-4 weeks following the last audition date, typically late March or early April.
- Awards may be renewable for a total of 8 semesters, pending student performance (including maintaining a 2.75 GPA, meeting the requirements of the degree program in which you are enrolled, and satisfying all requirements for scholarship as noted on the Scholarship Award Contract) and availability of funding.
School of Music scholarships are not the only aid available to you. The University of Louisville offers several scholarships for students regardless of major and is committed to making college affordable for its students. More than 50% of UofL students receive financial aid in the form of scholarships, grants, loans, and/or work-study programs. For more information, deadlines and to request application materials, call UofL Financial Aid at (502) 852-5511 or visit the UofL Scholarship web site at: http://louisville.edu/admissions/aid/
Please note that the deadline for academic scholarships is January 15th.