Alcohol and Substances
Most students make great choices and decisions while at the University of Louisville. But, because we care about students' health and safety, students' academic success, and the welfare of our campus and community, we are concerned about those students who make poor choices – those who choose to drink excessively, or in a high-risk way or use other substances.
With programming and support from Health Promotion Wellbeing Central:
- Students will be able to identify resiliency barriers that impact their progression and ability to graduate on time.
- Students will be able to identify effective coping mechanisms for life stressors to enhance their undergraduate experience.
- Students will raise questions and challenge assumptions regarding alcohol and substances.
- Students will be able to recognize the signs and symptoms of alcohol and substance poisoning.
- Non-drinkers, moderate drinkers, and heavy drinkers will make more informed choices that impact themselves and others.