There are many ways you can get involved and reap the benefits of participating in Hispanic/Latinx & Indigenous Initiatives (HLII). As a student, you will have the opportunity to make new friends, network with potential employers, attend professional development opportunities, and stay informed about campus resources designed to support your personal, academic, and professional success. Don’t delay contacting us; we’re here to help you feel right at home at UofL and to cheer for you through your college years!
- Student Coaching and Retention Program: Through 1-on-1 coaching, this program aims to holistically engage students to maximize their efforts in various realms such as personal, academic, professional, and culturally. During these coaching sessions students explore and strategize methods of effectiveness relating to study habits, goal orientation, professional connections, career goals, identity development, and much more.
- Conocimiento Leadership Development Seminar: A day long event that aims to create a safe space for identity development as well as expand critical consciousness.
- Compas Peer Mentor and Ambassador Program: A team of Latinx mentors who "accompany" their fellow peers throughout their college experience. These mentors also help to represent the HLII office at events by helping with facilitation and or various other event tasks.
- Heritage Month Celebration/Workshop: In an effort to celebrate the Hispanic/Latinx culture represented on campus this program provides numerous educational and celebratory opportunities for students to engage in.
- Noche de Familia y Amigos: An evening of celebration centered on fostering a sense of belonging for students. Every year the HLII office collaborates with the UofL soccer team and various other campus partners to host an evening of food, music, community and futbol!
- Latinx Oral History Project: This community owned project seeks to train Latinx community members to interview, record, and share stories as a tool for empowerment.
- Louisville Latino Education Outreach Project: A collaborative effort within the Greater Louisville region led by a core partnership group representing the full cradle to career pipeline.
Volunteers and InternsThe HLII program welcomes volunteers and interns. If you are interested in helping out please email email@example.com.