There are many ways you can get involved and reap the benefits of participating in HLI. As a student, you will have the opportunity to make new friends, network with potential employers, attend professional development opportunities, and stay informed about campus resources designed to support your personal, academic, and professional success. Don’t delay contacting us; we’re here to help you feel right at home at UofL and to cheer for you through your college years!
- Student Coaching and Retention Program: Through the use of coaching, this program aims to wholistically engage students to their most valuable resource, themselves! Furthermore this program aims to critically engage students both on a professional and personal level through a cultural lens.
- Conocimiento Leadership Development Seminar: A day long event that aims to create a safe space for identity development as well as expand critical consciousness.
- Compas Peer Mentor and Ambassador Program: A team of Latino students who "walk along" with students in their college experience as well represent the HLI office at events.
- Dia de Celebracion Annual Event: Through a social justice lens and in collaboration with the Latin American and Hispanic Student Organization (LAHSO) this event engages and celebrates under-represented and marginalized cultures on campus.
- Heritage Month Celebration/Workshop: In an effort to celebrate the Hispanic/Latino culture represented on campus this program provides numerous educational and celebratory opportunities for students to engage in.
- Latino Student Welcome and Casas Abiertas: A series of events that aim to create a sense of community and educate incoming students and their families about the resources available to them at UofL.
- Noche de Familia y Amigos: In an effort to celebrate and further establish a sense of belonging for students, every year the HLI office collaborates with the men's soccer team and various other campus partners to host an evening of food, music, community and futbol!
- Latinx Oral History Project: This community owned project seeks to train Latinx community members to interview, record, and share stories as a tool for empowerment.
- Louisville Latino Education Outreach Project: A collaborative effort within the Greater Louisville region led by a core partnership group representing the full cradle to career pipeline.
Volunteers and InternsThe HLI program welcomes volunteers and interns. If you are interested in helping out please email firstname.lastname@example.org.