FAQ - International Students
- Am I required to have Major Medical Insurance?
- Can I waive the Major Medical Insurance?
- What type of insurance plan is available to UofL students?
- How much does the insurance plan cost?
- Can I cover my spouse and children?
- When can I purchase the plan?
- What doctors can I see?
- Do I need a referral?
- What happens if I am sick and need to be hospitalized or go to the emergency room?
- Does the insurance policy cover me when I am away from school?
- Does the university-sponsored plan cover me outside the United States?
- Will I get an insurance card?
- I'm enrolled in the university-sponsored plan. Now what?
- Can I be seen by Health Services if I have other insurance?
All F1 or J1 international students are required to purchase the student health insurance policy. Waivers are not allowed except for special circumstances.
Only under specific circumstances:
- Home country provides USA Insurance
- Fully sponsored by US or other organization which provides health insurance
- Covered as a US employee or dependent
- Completion of the
- All requests for waivers must be reviewed and approved by the Insurance Advocate
- Insurance Advocate removes the charge from tuition bill
- Accepted for current academic year only
The University of Louisville sponsored student injury and sickness insurance plan from Academic HealthPlans provides UofL students with an affordable student health insurance plan tailored to the particular needs of UofL students. For more information visit https://louisville.myahpcare.com
|8/1 to 12/31||1/1 to 7/31|
*Spring premium includes coverage for summer
Yes. See the rate chart above for information regarding the pricing. Contact the Insurance Advocate for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After registering for classes, students may purchase the plan during open enrollment periods.
|Fall Semester||July 17 - August 31|
|Spring Semester||November 13 - February 1|
Students may qualify to enroll at other times if they have a qualifying event such as birth of a child, death of a spouse, loss of insurance through your spouse\job or reach the age of 26 which eliminates them from a parental policy. Contact the student insurance advocate, email@example.com for additional information regarding this type of enrollment.
The University sponsored plan requires students to use Campus Health Services for routine health care. Specialty care is provided through the Anthem BC/BS provider network. For more information visit https://louisville.myahpcare.com/benefits
Referrals are not required but are suggested because Campus Health Services can obtain appointments within the University system which decreases the cost for the student. If you have an after-hour emergency, you may use any immediate/urgent care center or emergency room. These services are subject to annual deductibles and copayments.
Obtaining a referral is not a guarantee of payment but notifies the insurance plan of a pending claim. Final determination of benefits is determined by the insurance company.
Students may use any of the local hospitals in the Louisville area or nationwide. However, UofL Hospital provides deeper discounts for services.
International students are not covered when they require services in their home country.
For information on how to obtain your insurance card, visit: https://louisville.myahpcare.com/
- Before You Visit a Provider: Understand the specific procedure to follow when seeking medical treatment under your Student Health Insurance Plan. You are required to use the Campus Health Services Offices as your primary physicians for non-emergency care.
- Call 502-852-6479 for Cardinal Station office or 502-852-6446 for the Health Science Center office.
- All customer service inquiries, including provider network questions, should be directed to Academic Health Plans by calling (888) 308-7320.
Absolutely. Most major insurance companies are billed by Campus Health.