COVID-19 (novel coronavirus)
You may find the latest information regarding the University of Louisville's response to COVID-19 on UofL's Novel Coronavirus webpage.
Information specific to the Office of Admissions:
Updated March 30, 2021:
Office Hours & Contact Information
Our team is available to answer any questions you may have. The Office of Admissions, located at 2211 S. Brook Street on UofL's main Belknap campus reopened for in-person assistance on Monday, July 20 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Mondays-Fridays. In the meantime, all phones will be monitored including our main line at 502.852.6531 and you will be able to reach any staff member by email.
In addition to being available for incoming or prospective students to visit or take care of business in person, our office will continue to provide virtual options for assisting students and families.
Admissions Visits & Events
While we will continue to provide virtual visits, tours and presentations throughout the summer and fall, on-campus visits have resumed as of July 6, 2020.
****Please note, many states have issued self-quarantine advisories for travelers. We ask that students and families to check their state's COVID website prior to their visit for quarantine restrictions and plan accordingly.
Safety precautions for on-campus visitors:
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at check-in areas
- Face mask requirement for all staff and students
- No-contact check-in will be used for campus visits
- Social distancing of six feet
- Door handles, chairs and other community areas will be cleaned at the conclusion of each event
All visitors to the university will be expected to:
- Perform a self-assessment of any symptoms of COVID-19 including fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or new loss of takes/smell. If you are experiencing any of these, please call 502-852-6531 to reschedule your visit.
- Wear a mask while on UofL campus (please bring your own)
- Maintain distance of six feet and reduced seating in meeting places and seating areas
- Wash hands for at least 20 minutes and use hand sanitizer regularly while on campus
- Each visiting student may only bring a maximum of 2 guests on their visit. Only 1 guest will be allowed to join the student in the presentation room for the Campus Visit Program. A second guest may join the tour after the presentation.
- If you are transferring course work to UofL from Spring 2020, the University will accept P grades to meet all general education requirements, and to meet prerequisites. In most cases, P grades earned in other courses will also meet degree requirements, but we recommend checking during your advising appointment.
Important Notice for GI Bill Recipients
- A new emergency bill has granted the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) the authority to continue GI Bill payments uninterrupted in the event of national emergencies (such as COVID-19).
- The new law allows the VA to continue to pay benefits even if your program delivery method has changed from resident training to online training. You will also continue to receive the same monthly housing allowance payments that you received for resident training until January 1, 2021, or until UofL resumes normal operations. View additional information.