UofL Regional Scholars Program
Think you can't afford to attend college out of state?
Cincinnati-, Dallas/Fort Worth*, DC Metro-, Illinois-, Indiana**-, Nashville-, New England-, New Jersey/Philadelphia- and SoCal-area students (based on home or school county) accepted to the University of Louisville will automatically receive a $10,000-$16,000 renewable Regional Scholars Award. No additional scholarship is required.
For the Fall 2021 admission cycle, the University of Louisville is committed to making scholarship opportunities available to students, whether they apply with or without ACT/SAT scores. We strongly encourage students with qualifying test scores to submit those to automatically receive their award. We will look primarily at a student’s grades, high school curriculum and a student-involvement resume. The University of Louisville guarantees Admission-Based Scholarships until May 1 for students entering UofL in the fall. We will accept scores for tests taken over the summer. The scholarship amounts listed will be available for students entering in Fall 2021.
- Students wishing to apply for enhancements to these automatic awards must submit an application admission to the University of Louisville by December 15. Supporting materials such as transcripts may be submitted until January 15.
- Students who are eligible to apply for enhancements will find their next steps in their UofL Application Gateway soon after they apply to UofL (whether they applied to UofL with or without test scores). The deadline to apply for these enhancements and submit materials is January 15.
*Beginning for students entering UofL in Fall 2022, students in the Dallas area will no longer be eligible for a Regional Scholars Award, but students from the entire state of Texas will be eligible for an automatic National Scholars Award if they meet the criteria.
** Excludes Southern Indiana counties eligible for in-state tuition (Clark, Crawford, Floyd, Harrison, Perry, Scott and Washington)
Award Information & Criteria
*Students must also attend school or reside in eligible county.
Out-of-state first-time freshman students cannot combine Regional Scholars Awards and a National Scholars Awards.
Check your eligibility.
Simply submit your application along with the $25 application fee (or fee waiver documentation), your high school transcript and your ACT/SAT scores.
If you qualify for the Regional Scholars Program, you will be notified following your admission to the University of Louisville. No separate application is required. Please note:
- UofL only accepts the highest composite ACT or SAT.
- UofL accepts weighted GPAs if available from high school.
- If you increase your ACT/SAT score or GPA to move into a new scholarship award level, UofL will increase your award until the deadline.
- After the deadline, you may appeal for an increased award if your profile improves. Late admission applicants may also appeal for an award after the deadline.
- Students planning to participate in UofL Division 1 sports programs are encouraged to check with coaches for additional requirements.
- The Regional Scholars Award cannot be combined with either the Grawemeyer Scholarship, Brown Fellows Program or National Merit finalist scholarship.
We're here to help. Please contact University of Louisville Office of Admissions at 502.852.6531 or firstname.lastname@example.org.