Guaranteed Entrance to Dentistry
Students who complete the ULEAD program are automatically admitted to UofL's School of Dentistry (ULSD) if they score above the national mean on each section of the Dental Admissions Test (DAT) and maintain a 3.5 cumulative and science GPA. ULEAD students belong to the UofL Pre-Dental Society, attend ULSD meetings and conferences, participate in community service activities, interact with mentors, attend summer pre-dental programs and more.
Requirements to Apply:
- 30 ACT or 1360 SAT
- 3.75 GPA
- Submitted application to the University of Louisville.
- You don't need to wait for your UofL acceptance letter to apply for ULEAD. Log in to your Application Gateway and look for ULEAD under the competitive checklist tab. Please note: this program will only appear in your competitive checklist tab if you meet the minimum ACT/SAT and GPA requirements to apply.
- A complete application includes:
- One essay concerning how you arrived at this career goal, your journey to this point, and your goals for the future (1000 words or less).
- Two letters of recommendation (one must be from a science teacher)
- Documentation showing a minimum of 12 hours of dental practice observation in a general dentistry setting included on resume
- Meet and maintain minimal technical standards.
Application to UofL due December 15. Submit materials by January 15.