Your student is officially becoming a Louisville Cardinal, and we want to invite you to join in on the fun! Register for Family Orientation this summer, where we will make sure you have all the necessary information you need to partner with and support your students as they begin their future with us at UofL! Your participation in Orientation is extremely valuable to your student’s success. By taking part in this event, you will learn more about:
- Campus resources
- Academic culture and expectations at UofL
- UofL Parent’s Association
- Financial Aid and payment
- $40 registration fee that covers all materials, staffing, and two meals
- Preregistration is required. Walk-ins are not accepted.
- Family Orientation is a concurrent session that runs simultaneously to the Freshman Orientation program. Student and Family Orientation are two entirely separate programs, and students can see their family member(s) at lunch and dinner.
- Family Orientation is held on the first day of each Freshman Orientation session from approximately 7:30 a.m to 5:30 p.m.
- Family Orientation is optional but is encouraged
- Be sure to review the Family Agenda, Checklist, FAQs, and Parking Information.
When your student registers for Orientation, they have the ability to register up to two guests/family members on their Orientation registration form. If your student did not register a parent/guest when they submitted their registration and they would like to add a guest, registration can be submitted