Certain institutions and offices require students/residents to have a state wide background check and a drug screen prior to start of their rotations. It is the individual's responsibility to have this done before they go on the rotation. Kentucky state-wide background checks can be obtained at the Kentucky Court of Justice website: http://courts.ky.gov/aoc/criminalrecordreports/Pages/default.aspx
Drug screen testing should be done at the UofL Health Services Office located at: University of Louisville Outpatient Care Center,401 E. Chestnut Street, Suite 110,Louisville, KY,40202 -(502) 852-6446
Please submit your original receipts to the AHEC office and we will have the Dean's office reimburse you for these costs. A Background check should cost you $20.00 and a Drug Screen should cost $30.00.
- Guidelines and Policies
- Third Year AHEC Rotations
- Fourth Year AHEC Rotations
- Dentistry, Dental Hygiene and Nursing
- Stipend and Housing Policy
- School of Medicine Departmental Student Coordinators [pdf]
- School of Medicine Departmental Coordinator Responsibilities
- Testimonial: "AHEC clinical rotation gives medical student invaluable experience"
All Medical Students/Residents doing an AHEC rotation are required to fill out the Fact Sheet. Click the link below for the Fact Sheet which can be filled out online and then printed. Once printed, please turn into the AHEC office (Instructional B Building, Room 231) and it will be forwarded to a Departmental Coordinator for Processing. Anyone who is not already an approved vendor with the University of Louisville will also need to complete the W-9 Form.