Get Healthy Now is a benefit for UofL employees, retirees, and their spouse or qualifying adult.
- Sign up today for the 2014 AHA UofL vs. UK University Moving for Healthy Hearts Challenge:
- As in the past three years, the primary goal is to encourage employees of the two largest institutions of higher education in Kentucky to “move more” through a friendly ten week competition, which begins the week of September 15.
- In Memory of Sept. 11th, 150+ UofL employees learned a lifesaving skill with Get Healthy Now and the American Heart Association at the Hands-Only CPR event.
- Thanks for joining us to celebrate the one year anniversary of the Get Healthy Now Wellness Center at Humana Gym!
- On Your Mark, Get Set, Go! Get Healthy Now has a new look for 2014! Empowering, engaging, dynamic...our new mark is a reflection of your commitment to your wellbeing and UofL's commitment to nurturing a culture of health. What do you think? We know you'll FLOURISH in 2014 and look forward to supporting you throughout the year!
- Kudos: Get Healthy Now would like to thank UofL’s Office of Communication and Marketing, especially Jeff Rushton, Brian Faust, and two student interns, Jenna and Cassie, for the creation of the new mark. We’re so grateful for your support of the program and it’s presence in the campus community and beyond!
Visit the new GHN Wellness Center to get a jump start on your well being!
Get Healthy Now Wellness Center at Humana Gym: click here for full details
Fitness and wellness classes, state-of-the-art equipment, fully refinished locker rooms, and NO monthly membership fees for UofL employees! Located at 601 Presidents Blvd. 40217.
Complete the Enrollment Packet [pdf] and bring with you when you first visit the facility. View photos:
Awards and Recognitions
|American Heart Association||Mayor's Healthy Hometown
|2014 Platinum Fit Friendly Recognition:
The Platinum recognition is bestowed on organizations that have demonstrated measurable impact of the health management program and evidenced-based strategies of promoting a wellness culture within the workplace.
|2013 Platinum Worksite Wellness Recognition:
The application for the award was broken down into four categories: Healthy Eating, Chronic Disease, Smoking Cessation, and Physical Activity. To receive a Platinum designation, which is the highest achieving medal, our organization had to answer at least eight questions, promoting wellness initiatives, in each category.
As of Thursday, Nov. 18, 2010, the University of Louisville is officially smoke-free. Click here for information about Smoking Cessation Classes for employees and success stories of employees living their lives smoke-free.