Study Abroad Home
Announcing the Sixth Annual A&S Study Abroad Photo Contest sponsored by Murphy’s Camera!
The Arts & Sciences Office of Advising and Student Services invites you to participate in the Sixth Annual Study Abroad Photo Contest. This is an opportunity for you to share your study abroad travel experiences and memories while also showcasing your skills as a photographer! We’re certain that many of you have taken wonderful photos of your travels and hope that you will be willing to share these with the rest of the U of L campus community.
Any A&S student who has studied abroad with/through the University of Louisville during the Spring 2012, Summer 2012 or Fall 2012 semesters.
Photo Contest rules:
- Maximum number of photos submitted for the contest is 3 per student. (Not ALL will be used – When submitting, please rank order of preference for display purposes).
- Each photo must be submitted in electronic form (Jpeg. Or gif file) on a disc (to Gardiner Hall, 1st floor) or as an email attachment
- Photographs may be black-and-white or color
Please submit the following information with your photo/s:
- Name, Student ID# and major/s
- Study Abroad program, City and Country and semester abroad
- Give a title and/or brief description for each of your photos including where and when it was taken
The only restriction is that your photo or photos capture an experience or record an observation abroad, not necessarily limited to your program site. The photo may capture a number of different subjects, themes, or styles.
Note: Due to the nature of the contest, these photos must be taken BY you, not OF you!
ALL submissions are due by 5 pm, Thursday, March 14, 2013.
*Contest participation is only guaranteed to the first 50 students who submit.
Voting will take place online (ULINK/Web Balloting) the last two weeks of March.
- 1st place winner: A $100 Gift Certificate to Murphy’s Camera and a $50 gift certificate towards a photo book of your travels!
- 2nd place winner: A $75 Gift Certificate to Murphy’s Camera
- 3rd place winner: A $50 Gift Certificate to Murphy’s Camera
Each winning photo will be enlarged and put on display in Gardiner Hall following the end of the contest.
Important Advisory: All forwarded materials become the property of the College, which will enjoy full rights of display and circulation (with attribution to the photographer). If you submit a photograph, it is understood that you have granted this right. By submitting this photo, you state it is your work and free of copyright elsewhere.
For additional information (and to submit via email), please email Danielle Dolan or (502) 852-5502