UofL offers a competitive academic scholarship for students transferring from a KCTCS institution or Ivy Tech Community College at Sellersburg to aid in completing their first bachelor's degree.
Priority Deadline Requirements
- We are still accepting 2018 admission applications for undergraduate degree-seeking students.
- All official transcripts must be received and on-file by March 1.
- A completed application for the KCTC Academic Transfer Scholarship must be submitted by March 1.
- 40 or more transferable credit hours must be completed by the end of the Spring semester*.
- At least 24 of which must be graded hours.
- AP, IB, and CLEP credit can be counted toward the required 40 transferrable credit hours.
- Transferable credit hours do not include developmental or technical coursework.
- Minimum 3.25 transferable cumulative GPA**. Your transferable GPA will include all colleges attended. If you previously attended UofL your grades and hours will be included in the transferable GPA.
- Students most recently attended college must be a KCTCS institution or Ivy Tech Community College at Sellersburg.
Extended Deadline Requirements
- An application for undergraduate admission as a degree-seeking student must be on-file by April 15.
- All official transcripts must be received and on-file by April 15.
- A completed application for the KCTC Academic Transfer Scholarship must be submitted by April 15.
- All other priority requirements must be met for scholarship consideration
Anticipated Award Amounts
- Students applying, AND completing all necessary requirements, by the March 1 priority deadline will be guaranteed a scholarship based on the anticipated award amounts.
- Students applying between March 2 and April 15 will be awarded based on the availability of funds AND the order in which additional scholarship applications are received, along with the completion of all necessary requirements.
Scholarship Application Priority Deadline: March 1
Scholarship Application Extended Deadline: April 15
*If you are enrolled in Spring 2019 classes, you must have official and final transcripts on file by May 30.
**Students may apply if they currently do not have a 3.25 transferable GPA or 40 transferable hours but anticipate they will at the end of the spring semester.
***Students who transfer to UofL during the Spring 2019 semester are eligible to apply if above requirements are met. Spring 2019 hours and grades at UofL will not be considered in scholarship eligibility (any UofL work completed prior to Spring 2019 will be included).