Dual Credit Program
The U of L High School Dual Credit Program offers qualified, local high school students the opportunity to earn college and high school credit simultaneously before they receive their high school diploma. Benefits of the program are to:
- Develop a college transcript while in high school
- Experience college curriculum and instructional methods
- Shorten the amount of time required to complete a college degree
- High school students save money by reduced costs; tuition for a UofL dual credit college course is $72 per credit hour beginning academic year 2020-2021. - these rates do not apply to distance education courses.
- Schools participating in the dual credit progaram are eligible for the Dual Credit Scholarship Program.
- Access to our state-of-the-art Student Recreation Center available to all high school students
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we are aware of the lack of availability to ACT and SAT testing. To still provide students with the opportunity to take advantage of the Dual Credit Program, we are utilizing a holistic application review this year. This includes assessing your high school academic performance and counselor recommendations when necessary. For further questions, about our admission criteria, please do not hesitate to reach out.
This program is only available to students who attend schools that participate in the U of L High School Dual Credit Program.
Stephanie Dickerson, Program Coordinator: Dual Credit
If you are are a current or previous Dual Credit student with questions about a past due bill, please contact Jetta Johnson Hall at 502.852.1937.
Some links on this page may lead to PDFs. To read PDFs, download Adobe Acrobat Reader.