The University Writing Center offers writing consultations during which you will receive focused feedback on your writing from a trained consultant. You may bring any kind of writing to the writing center at any stage in the writing process, including making an appointment before you've started writing to brainstorm ideas for your paper.
- We have a new, online scheduling system. Click on the link below and enter your UofL usename and password, and fill out the brief registration page. Then login and make your appointment on either the Belknap Campus schedule or the Health Sciences Campus schedule. If you want to make an online appointment for the Virtual Writing Center, scroll down on this page. Watch the video below to learn how to use our scheduling system.
- You may schedule up to three sessions a week, and schedule sessions with the same consultant.You may not schedule back-to-back sessions.
- If the schedule is full for the day, you can click on clock icon next to the day and date on the schedule and add your name to the Waiting List. The Waiting List notifies you by email or text if an appointment has become available. You would then need to go online or call the Writing Center to book the appointment.
Virtual Writing Center Appointments
The best way to get help with your writing is to make a face-to-face appointment in the University Writing Center. If, however, you are unable to attend a face-to-face writing consultation, the Virtual Writing Center allows you to receive feedback from one of our trained consultants. Through the Virtual Writing Center you can choose whether to have a live chat consultation or to receive a response by email. Watch the video below to learn how to use the Virtual Writing Center.
Making a Virtual Writing Center Appointment: Use your UofL username and password to log in to our online scheduling system. The first time you log in you will be asked to fill out a brief registration form. Once you've filled out the registration form, login and make your appointment. If you have trouble scheduling an appointment, call us at 502-852-2173502-852-2173.
- If you are a Distance Education student, be sure to note when filling out the registration form that you are taking a distance education courseand choose the Distance Education Schedule from the drop-down menu.
- If you are taking a course on campus, but need to make a Virtual Writing Center appointment, use the University Writing Center schedule and choose a consultant with the label "Online or eTutoring."
- You may schedule up to one Virtual Writing Center session a week, and schedule sessions with the same consultant.
- If you submit a draft for an eTutoring written response, we try to respond to your draft within two business days after your scheduled appointment. You will receive an email telling you when we have uploaded your draft with our comments to your appointment time. During busy times of the semester it may take us longer to respond to your draft.
- If the schedule is full for the day, you can click on clock icon next to the day and date on the schedule to add your name to the Waiting List. The Waiting List notifies you by email or text if an appointment has become available. You would then need to go online to book the appointment.
- The Virtual Writing Center is closed any time that the University of Louisville is closed, including semester breaks and holidays.