The University of Louisville is a premier, nationally recognized research institution full of brilliant people and ideas. The Commercialization EPI-Center takes those ideas, and translates them into licenseable technologies with the aim of getting them to market.
The various inventions, innovations and other discoveries that come from research may fall within the definition of intellectual property and could be of commercial interest.
The EPI-Center staff works with the faculty creators of these innovations to protect their intellectual property, as well as to investigate potential market applications, licensing and sponsored research opportunities, and to match the resulting technologies with external partners.
The EPI-Center team uses its experience, expertise and connections to assist faculty in developing innovations to their full potential.
We aim to make the commercialization process as smooth as possible by guiding creators through each step. The EPI-Center staff will work collaboratively with you to bring your discoveries to life.
If you are a faculty/staff member looking to begin the technology commercialization process, please contact the EPI-Center to be connected with a technology manager who will assist you with submitting a research disclosure form and advise on next steps.
- Lung Cancer Diagnostic System: Rapid, Non-Invasive CAD System for Detecting EarlyStage Lung Carcinoma (18032)
- Personalized Diagnosis of Early Alzheimer's Disease: Computer Aided Diagnosis System for Mild Cognitive Impairment (18068)
- UofL Cancer-Targeting Technology Licensed to California Medical Company
- UofL-born Technology Startup Acquired by Global Firm
- UofL Milk-Based Drug Delivery Technology Licensed
MEET OUR 'EPIC' INVENTORS