Tuition & Financial Aid
Master of Education in Special Education
Online Degree Tuition
At University of Louisville, the tuition for online degrees is the same for both in-state and out-of-state online students.
|Tuition - Graduate online course||$764 per credit hour|
|Moderate to Severe Disabilities Concentration||$573 per credit hour**|
|Active-duty* service members and Coast Guard members||$250 per credit hour (see our Military Tuition Discounts page)|
|Qualifying members of the Reserve Component and National Guard eligible for Title X (Federal) TA||May be eligible for $250 per credit hour tuition assistance rate|
* Active-Duty is defined as on orders for 180 days or more.
Online courses are charged at a different hourly rate than regular courses. Students are charged in full for online courses according to those rates even if taking a full-time course load. Tuition rate does not include costs associated with a specific course or program, such as textbooks.
If you're receiving a tuition scholarship, please check the monetary value to determine whether the cost of online courses is covered.
Tuition and fees are subject to change at any time without prior notice. The summary on this page is intended to provide a quick reference for students. For more information and updates, visit the UofL Bursar's page.
A fee of $139 (one time charge) will be assessed for the use of the ePortfolio LiveText application. LiveText is a web-based software application designed to aid in the development of portfolios, course assignments and standards or outcome-based projects. LiveText will allow you, your instructors and your peers to collaborate on classroom assignments as well as track your progress on meeting program outcomes. The user license is good for 5 years.
Financial aid is available for all online students who qualify. Here are the steps for first-time financial aid applicants:
- Assemble your tax and asset information, such as your W2s and 1040s.
- Go to www.fafsa.gov to file your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form. You are encouraged to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool within the FAFSA to transmit your tax information directly from the IRS to your FAFSA. Be sure to apply for your PIN during the FAFSA filing process. Use the PIN to electronically sign your FAFSA. (Our FAFSA school code is 001999.)
- Once your FAFSA if processed by the U.S. Department of Education, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). If you filed electronically, the SAR will be sent to you via email. If you filed by paper or did not provide an email address, the SAR will be sent to you by mail.
- Review the SAR for comments and incorrect information. If accurate, keep the SAR for your records. If you find any errors, you can correct this by returning the paper SAR or by making corrections to a processed FAFSA online.