Brown Fellows Program
Brown Fellows is a prestigious enrichment program designed to support students’ unique personal, academic, and career goals while producing outstanding ambassadors for the state of Kentucky. It is open to residents and non-residents of Kentucky with a 31 ACT or 1360 SAT (CR + M) and 3.5 GPA. The following must be provided:
- One essay (700-800 words) responding to the following prompt:
- One of the key components of the Brown Fellows Program is funding for individual enrichment experiences, which typically occur in the summers following the sophomore and junior years (enrichment experiences are in addition to participating in a group service project and leadership retreat before the freshman year and a group international trip following the freshman year). Fellows will work with program and faculty mentors to develop an enhanced academic experience consisting of individual study, research, community service, or some combination of activities. If you were selected as a Brown Fellow, what would you be interested in pursuing for your individual enrichment experiences? Where would you want to go? Why?
- Two letters of recommendation
- All materials should be uploaded using the University of Louisville's online scholarship application form
- Application and materials due January 15, 2014
Ten Fellows are selected each year. Recipients will have diverse academic interests; demonstrate that they are well-rounded; and show evidence of leadership potential. The scholarship award will include full tuition, room, board, and an allowance for books. In addition, each fellow may apply for funding from the Brown Foundation to support their individual enrichment plan (up to $5,000 per project). On-campus interviews will be held March 21-22, 2014. For questions specifically related to the Brown Fellows Program, please contact Andrew Grubb at email@example.com. After creating your account above, you can apply for the Brown Fellows Program, as well as any other scholarships and guaranteed entrance programs for which you might be eligible.