Non-degree Student To-Do List
Use this list as a guide so that you are sure to take care of important business before the start of school. Pay special attention to some items that should be done before your orientation session.
- Make note of your student ID number on your Certificate of Admission. You will need it for future UofL business.
- Activate your UofL online services (your e-mail and ULink, UofL's web portal). Many departments and offices will only send information to you through your UofL account. Visit louisville.edu/admissions/activate for detailed instructions. NOTE: You will be active in ULINK the day following your admission. In some cases, students admitted after 3 p.m. may have a 48-hour delay. You will use ULINK to register for classes.
- Contact your academic unit for advising. Visit louisville.edu/advising for department information and hours.
- If you are planning to live on campus, please apply for housing as soon as possible. Visit louisville.edu/housing to submit your application online.
- Apply for financial aid at fafsa.gov as soon as possible after January 1. For additional information and helpful tips, visit louisville.edu/financialaid or e-mail email@example.com.
- After you complete advising, register for classes. View schedule of classes.
- Get your Cardinal Card. You must be registered for classes at least one day prior to getting your card.
- Be sure to activate your Higher One card. This is a requirement for all students. See http://uoflonecard.higheroneaccount.com for details.
- Review the Healthcare Readiness Checklist for Parents and Students.
- Follow us on www.facebook.com/UofLAdmissions, Twitter @UofLadm, and our CardsVoice blog.