Audition Dates & Requirements
Please read this entire page as it has important information regarding audition/portfolio requirements.
Audition dates for entrance and scholarship for Fall 2020 applicants:
November 23, 2019
January 25, 2020
February 1, 2020
February 22, 2020
Graduate students in performance or pedagogy must complete an instrumental/voice audition for entrance to the School of Music. To register for a graduate audition, please contact the School of Music admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To schedule an audition for Spring 2020 admission, please contact the School of Music admissions office at email@example.com or contact the faculty in your performance area.
The School of Music will provide piano accompaniment for vocal auditions only. Accompaniment will not be required for instrumental auditions. Audition requirements vary for instruments and degrees. Please see the appropriate links below or contact the professor in your performance/degree area.
Performance Audition Requirements:
If you have applied to the jazz composition/arranging program, you will need to submit a portfolio of work directly to Dr. Gabriel Evens. He can be reached at: 502.852.7075 or Email.
If you have applied for a conducting degree, you will need to coordinate your conducting audition with the appropriate faculty listed below.
Dr. Frederick Speck, Wind Conducting
Prof. Kimcherie Lloyd, Orchestral Conducting
Dr. Kent Hatteberg, Choral Conducting
For specific questions about the audition/portfolio requirements please contact the faculty in your specific area.
- Video links may be submitted in lieu of a live audition only with special permission from the faculty in your applied area. Please contact the School of Music admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org to make this request.
- In order to be considered for Music Scholarship, students must audition on or before the final scholarship audition date. For Music Composition, Music History or Music Theory, the portfolio must be submitted by Feb. 1. For more information about scholarships please visit our scholarship page: http://louisville.edu/music/apply/graduate/scholarships
- Auditions will be scheduled only if your application to U of L has been received.
- For students with schedule conflicts, a weekday audition may be arranged with faculty in your performance area. Please contact the School of Music admissions office at email@example.com to make this request.
- Contact the School of Music Admissions Office with any questions. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: (502) 852-1623; Toll-Free Phone: 1-800-334-UOFL ext. 1623